How we read

 Reading for me is a way to get away from the world it helps me relax my mind and discover a new place. The way I got introduced to reading was in elementary when we used to read for thirty-minutes and then get our parents to sign it  I'm gonna admit I never enjoyed reading as a kid so I would just stare at a page for thirty minutes and tell my mom I read until one day in class I got told to go up in front of everyone and tell them what the book was about. I was embarrassed I just stood there looking at everyone blank my hands were sweaty and I felt like throwing up. I made up something so I wouldn't look so stupid but obviously my teacher knew I made up something because she has read the book. That was a lesson learned every since that day I payed attention to every book I read I even found out what kind of books I really liked and what books I didn't find so interesting. Some strategies I learned while reading is to picture yourself in the book and pretend your the main character another one is to read it constantly to read it until you finish it because if you take a day off you will forget what last happened. The third strategy  I have for reading is to talk about it tell your family, friend or even your pets about it whenever I talk about it out loud it gives me a motivation to keep reading. The last strategy I have is to draw about it just like picturing yourself in the book drawing works to I love to spend my time drawing doodles here and there so when I am reading a book I draw my favorite adventure the main character had and picture it just how she or he described it. Pushing yourself to read a book you don't like is challenging so I recommend to read a quick summary about it first but just don't judge a book by it's cover I once read this book named 'Hatchet' looking at the cover It looked so boring but when I read the summer I fell in love with it. My advice is to give yourself a push.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FINAL REFLECTION FOR WORLD LITERATURE 2020-2021

Journal- Thankful For