FINAL REFLECTION FOR WORLD LITERATURE 2020-2021

This semester was unlike any other because we started off the year being home! Never in a million years would I have thought about having school in my own bedroom through a computer while wearing pajamas. This course was different from all the other courses because this year I had to sit in a chair for seven hours with a few short breaks and after all those hours I had to sit a little longer to finish my homework that was due that day while getting distracted by little kids in my houses running around yelling. We also didn't get to see each other in person for this first course instead we only heard our voices and that's if we were having a good day because on other days we just sit in silence waiting for someone brave to speak up.   As I look back on our experiences in this class what was more meaningful to me was the fact that Dr. Preston gave us time to finish our work he even made us a chart to keep record of our homework or to check what was due that day or the next day. What I'm most proud of is definitely my journal writing I expressed my opinion on many of my journal topics and I felt like my opinion counted. At first I felt very shy writing about how I felt about many topics but as I kept posting I felt more and more confident about my writing. I do wish I would've done a couple things differently at the beginning of the school year though and that's not procrastinating on my blog because If I actually kept track I would've had way more posts but I improved little by little more and I'm proud of myself for that.

 As I look forward I would say I learned how to have confidence in my own writing because whenever I used to write I used to struggle and writing is something you should express, feel free about. Looking for topics to talk about gets pretty hard at times but writing about our own experiences makes it a lot easier and I would say that will help me in my future. What made me confident was knowing that we all have different opinions but someone out there can differently relate and may feel the same so that's how I gained confidence. The book that I was reading was called The outsiders and it taught me that loyalty comes in all kinds of ways and that your supposed to stick to the ones who have shown you  loyalty because not everyone is a true friend. "I looked around, startled. I hadn't realized Johnny was right behind me all the way" ponyboy reflects and he's surprised when he sees Johnny who was following him into the burning building to help save the children who were trapped inside that shows how loyal Johnny is because he was risking his life to not only help the children but we be there with Ponyboy. In Les Misérables it showed me how to be kind and respectful to everyone around me no matter what situation they are in because you don't know what they're struggling with and to not listen to what anyone has to say about that person because they can just be a lot of false rumors that were spread around to make a person look bad. Three literary techniques that made those texts effective were mood, theme and tone it shows how the author expresses his feelings toward each character in these two stories. Overall this course was quite an experience and I had mixed feelings about it there was days where I just wanted to sleep and there was other days where I wanted to get work done but it was a good class and I very much enjoyed it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Journal- Thankful For

How we read